ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Treasure DAY 51 / Dear Pam

To Pam, with love from Treasure xoxoxox

Dear Pam,
Thank you for calling today and asking all about me.  It means a lot to know you, Sam, Paris and of course my dear Gibson are thinking of me. Although Ann was sacked out on the couch still dealing with her flubug I could hear her speaking with you on the phone as I snuggled close to her. It is getting harder for us to snuggle together comfortably on the couch because of weight issues (hers as well as mine but don't tell her I said that!).  I do seem to be so hungry all the time lately and begging for food which is something I don't usually do.  John and Ann are making sure I eat several small meals a day though with all the extras.  I love laying on the cool floor in the kitchen watching them prepare something yummy for me up on the counter.  They have become very creative in making sure I have the very best nutrition possible.  I heard them say the other day it is almost time to begin giving me what they call 'nursing mother's pudding'.  They make me feel so special because they get their cookbooks out when they make it - something just for me!  Well, pretty much just for me. They are fair about sharing things with my ATB family, and I don't mind usually. My Aunt Julie has crocheted several beautiful puppy blankets for Gibson and my babies.  She is the best.  We are still very sad here about her Jim though and still can't believe it and I know you all feel the same. But we are all here for each other, that's what makes this all so special. 

Wait until you and Sam see what John has done in the garage!  I am going to be the first one here to have puppies in our brand new puppy room.  It has it's own hot air furnace which feeds in above where the whelping area will be.  The room is divided by a counter that has a swinging 'dutch' door. It is so cool. He made swinging/retractable arms so that the heat lamp could easily be adjusted from any angle to keep me and my babies warm.  I'm not supposed to talk about the babies like they are here yet though, Ann says anything can happen between now and then but I know I'm going to do my best and that they are too - so here is hoping, believing, and praying for the best. (You know how 'she' is about praying!)  They hope to have everything all set so we can begin to spend more time in there together so I can get used to it. My brother Jack thinks it's all about him but boy do I have news for him!

Ann took some pictures as you can see above, I know you told her to wait until she felt better but John made her a real nice dinner tonight and it seems to have perked her up a little.  I'm really just into laying in front of the wood stove these days and resting.  My other ATB friends are with me of course but our time together is much more limited.  I mean some of those nutcases play too hard for a overly rotund pregnant Brittany like me and you never know when the Pippinator will challenge me to race of if Scooby will want to rough house.  They do seem to understand though and get the message when I look at them a certain way.

At 7 - 8 weeks movement is usually noted.  Again Ann's so cautious about this but just between me and you, you can tell Gibson I think he got the job done again. My svelt figure is like gone - and my boobs are quite enlarged, even all the way to my front ones!!  She'd get mad at me for saying that but it's true.  Also, I KNOW she felt the little tiny ripples that gently took place underneath her hand this afternoon.  She is so careful about me but I do so love to lay on top of her hand.  When Ann or John are nearby, I will come lay just as close as I can to them and try to maneuver my body so that their hand is underneath.  They seem to like it when I do this.  I have had to slow down a lot when outdoors.  John plowed a wonderful track around our property so I don't have to leap through the snowdrifts and can stay on flat ground.  I do love being outdoors as much as possible.

Well they tell me all my puppies are spoken for and that there are still people who would like some if there are more than they anticipate. I trust them to hand pick very special families for my puppies.  If they are anything like the people who have our pups from last time, we will all be very very happy. True seems to know something is going on with me.  I let him get closer than Jack or Scooby, he is after all my little boy.  I'm proud of True and he told me you're going to show him again in 2011. That makes us all very happy!

The next two weeks will be most difficult for me but I know everyone loves me so much and is taking good care of all my needs.  The whelping supplies are being replenished, towels and blankets will be gathered, and life will soon go on hold here. I know you will be kept informed every step of the way.  We are very happy that you and Sam are not only the owners of my sweet Gibson, but also very dear friends of All Things Brittany and many of our friends and family.  We think that's the way it should be.  Well I'm pretty tired and I think it's time for Ann to take some more cough medicine or something and get back under the covers.  She is writing this for me.  Please tell Gibson I love him and that this is the first time I have ever written anything like this before.  We made a beautiful family together and I hope we have done it again.  Tell Paris that I love her too, she is so beautiful and I know one day she and Gibson will also do the same!
Love to you and Sam from Treasure xxxxoooooxxxxoooxxooo

2 comments:

  1. Treasure sweetie, you look huge!!!! I'm sorry the next couple weeks will be increasingly uncomfortable for you, but I know Ann and John will take super good care of you and make you as comfy as possible. I'm still working on blankets for your babies, and will keep working on them! Your half-sister Sassy and your nephew Bullet Man send their love. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treasure, I wish I lived closer to you, I would help your Mommy and Daddy take care of you and make you more comfortable. You are a beautiful lady, you remind me of my Brownie Girl. My Liberty is excited that she is going to be an Auntie. (in case you didn't know, Gibson is her half-brother...or at least we think he is.) You are a sweetie, sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!