ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ATB: Our Very First Blog Award!

8/1/11  ATB's selections for The Versatile Blogger Award listed below.

 

 
One of my favorite blogs to follow is authored by a friend of ours who is also a great friend of the fancy!  Karen  (aka "dogblogger") and I first met in the fall of 2006 while taking classes at the former Diamond Dream Dog Center in Alfred, Maine.  Treasure and I attended Level 1 and Level 2 of their basic puppy kindergarten program throughout the fall and then into the spring. At the same time there were handling classes going on which I brought Pippin's mother "Chrissy" to. (Chrissy already knew all about handling - I was the one who needed the training!)   I remember meeting Karen who was with her beautiful Bearded Collie, the very special Miss Dinah!!  It's nice to look back and think hey I 'remember when'... and then look to the present time. It was also at about this time that John and I attended our first meeting with the York County Kennel Club of Maine.  Karen was also a new member when we joined.  Anyway, Karen is one of those dedicated people who really commits to things in a way that most of us only wish we could, or would.  You'll always see her cheerfully helping out at a dog show whether it is stewarding, overseeing a trophy table, or simply there to add a bright spot of sunshine as you enter the ring with a big time case of nerves!  Most recently she 'invited me into her parlor' as I entered the ring to show Treasure for the second time in a long absence of showing.  She's a person who will put you at ease, listen to you with keen interest, and also is a supportive ear when one needs an unbiased ear to simply hear what's on your heart.  Karen does so much with her dogs, and with other people's dogs it's impossible to keep up with everything! But I try. And the best way I know of to keep up with my friend Karen is to make time to follow her on Facebook and through her two very enjoyable and informative blogs - Shaggy Dog Stories and one of my very favorite blogs of all  Dog Show Newbie.   For those who have been to the Brittany Fun Day that John and I usually host here at our home during the summer you'll remember Karen as the very optimistic Canine Good Citizen evaluator a few years back.
So what I am getting at is the award above which has so graciously been bestowed upon the Maine Brittany Site - All Things Brittany Blog right here by Karen. Norteman.   It may not seem like a big huge thing to everyone, but it is a big huge thing to me. Sometimes I just write and I wonder why.  But then I get the positive and consistent feedback from our followers and fans, which remind me there is rhyme and there is reason to all of this on many levels.  Recently I've been pretty encouraged by a lot of you to not only continue with the ATB blog but you've also succeeding in motivating me to improve upon it.  There truly is a sense of versatility regarding what I write or why. And I know the ATB blog can be quite unpredictable at times.  You may find a purely patriotic post here one day, the next day find me complaining about things that irk me, and then return to find I've just stepped back behind the pulpit briefly. But always and I mean ALWAYS I hope you find the love of the dog, both given and received...

 
Those who receive the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Asked to pay it forward, if you will. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
3. Give this award to other bloggers you feel are worthy of the award. (Up to 15)
4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news! 

 
7 Things About Me
1. I am a Christian, I am a Believer in Jesus Christ, I do not believe going to church makes anyone a Christian, I believe the Bible, and I hate to be called religious. That is one thing I am not! I have studied for
ministry credentials through the Berean School of the Bible.  Our recently became licensed as a minister.
2. I value time with my family and friends who I love deeply.  I'd really like to be a better wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, and a better friend. There is always room for improvement in these relationships. I am so in love with my husband of 36 years and have the best family in the world. Very proud of our 2 adult children and their families - they've blessed us with 7 AWESOME grandchildren.
3.  I love to write and play the piano, flute, guitar, electric piano and write music - for no ones ears but my own and God's. He hasn't complained yet.  In the past I have been a worship leader at church and other ministries. I absolutely love to sing and I have done so in Atlantic City as well as church, at weddings, and on other occassions.
4. In my childhood I would not hesitate to jump into a rowboat and row across the mouth of the powerful Pisacaqua River in New Castle, N.H. over to Kittery Point, Maine with my childhood friends.
5. Some of the greatest lessons that I have learned about life truly have come through experiences with our Brittany dogs with whom I probably spend the greatest amount of time with.  Speaking of dogs, I am an advocate for responsible and reasonable animal welfare legislation. One of my favorite things to do is to hangout with our Brittany dogs.
6.  Lobster is my favorite food.
7.  England, Israel, Mexico, and Canada are foreign countries I have enjoyed visiting. While in Israel I was baptized in the River Jordan. 

 
I present the recipients of my personal Versatile Blogger awards.  I am pleased to share space on the internet with everyone listed.  Hope you will take time to enjoy some of my favorite blogs:

 I'm honored to be included among the other exceptional versatile bloggers who have been recognized with this award all across the Internet. As Karen said, it may seem like a little thing to some - but to me, it means a lot!  Thanks so much for bestowing it upon ATB. Take care and God bless you all, and thanks for your interest as always - John, Ann, and the ATB family.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ann! The ATB blog is worthy of reward because you poor your heart and passion into the writings and you reveal to the readers your heart.
    The blog offers more than informative information about the Brittany dog- you inspire and you encourage that Spiritual connection with all that we do.
    I so appreciate your objectives and I totally respect and admire you as a wonderful person who has blessed my life in so many ways! Thank you!
    Love to you,
    Debra Fogle

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!