ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

ATB: Hi, I'm Ranger !


Hi there, my name is "Ranger" and I will turn 4 months old in just a few days.  I live in New Hampshire with my owners (and my breeders) Kim & Tom.  My 'mom' Jasmine, grand-dam Aspen and grand-sire Charlie live there too. I am pretty spoiled and loved very, very much.  My dad is "JackDog" from the ATB family of close working gundogs at J & A's Brittanys in Acton, Maine. I have a whole bunch of brothers and sisters on both sides and get to enjoy spending time with all of them.  My owners are good friends with my dad's owners and breeders too.  This whole ATB thing really is like having one big family. 

When I was born Ann said that I looked just like my dad, Jack.  She still thinks I look a lot like him but there's a lot of my really pretty mother in me. All I know is there is usually a lot of picture exchanging going on and I think I look like - ME!  Anyway, the most important thing is that I've had a chance to get out and enjoy some real bird exposure this winter - the weather has been great.  I'm going to be a bird finding machine just like my dad and my mom.  And, I'm going to give it a try in the ring.  Kim and me have been going to handling classes together.  I consider myself very blessed (Ann always uses words like that for some reason) to be living where I am.  One way or another, everything worked out for me to stay right where I am. Although Kim had plans to deliver me to John and Ann's on Christmas morning as a very special present!  I am a very special present though and I love Kim and Tom very much. I've also enjoyed getting to know my older sister "Bella". 

Life is good and when I am old enough I'll be testing for hunting titles and also giving showing a try.  Speaking of showing, my Uncle Bullet is doing really really well and pretty soon he won't have to go to any more dog shows 'cuz he'll be a show champion. I am not sure what the big fuss is all about yet but my grampa Charlie has told me a little bit about it. I really love him too and I try to be a very good puppy at home because Charlie is getting to be pretty old. I also have another really special friend in my life and that's Cindi.  She's friends with Ann too!

Well, that's about all I have to say for now but I'm sure you'll be hearing more about me in the weeks and months to come. Hope those of you in New England with Brittanys are enjoying the fantastic training weather and have good strong flying birds!  It's just so much fun to be a little puppy and get such a head start on what life is all about for a Brittany.  Puppy love and kisses,  "Ranger"

2 comments:

  1. Thank You, Ann, for such a wonderful write-up on our newest little boy!!!! Ranger is truly the most gentle and loving Brittany puppy and he is going to make all of us so proud of him someday w/ all his titles!!!! Thanks to John and you too, for being such wonderful Brittany Breeders and true friends through and through and I guess we should thank JackDog too....since I guess he had a little something to do w/ Ranger....LOL!!! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and thinking so much of Ranger....love from Kim,Tom,Ranger,Jasmine,Aspen and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's fun to share about Ranger, he is so sweet. Can't wait to see what he grows up to be like, but also don't want to rush things. Thank you for your kind words and the feeling is really mutual! Love you all too!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!