ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

ATB: Dear Piper...

"Piper, you're such an amazing dog, such a wonderful 1st time mother. As I draw your puppy, Windy, close and wrap her in my arms you approach slowly, standing still, and look deeply into my eyes. I pet you gently and softly whisper to you what a beautiful dog you are, what a good, good girl you are and tell you how much we love you.  Your puppy repositions herself across my chest, so that her sweet little head has a bit of pillow underneath, and Windy settles across where my heartbeat is strongest. The moving, inspirational music of Tim Janis surrounds us as if to create the perfect soundtrack for a response to the near sacredness of these precious moments.  I watch you, watching me cradle one of your precious puppies protectively against my heart.  And then, suddenly you draw even closer. Unexpectedly I am moved to tears for this moment becomes one not only seen but felt in my heart. You rest a paw upon my arm, gaze up at me one more time before deliberately laying your own sweet orange and white Brittany head down, not only close to Windy's head but across my chest. Although half asleep she quickly perceives the closeness of you Piper, her beautiful mother."

The most simple act of holding a young puppy is repeated often when a breeder draws a puppy close.  Even so, I recognize in a moment such as this that what is happening I dare not take for granted.  I surrender to the sense of divine nature permeating my soul, close my eyes as tears gently fall, lift my head towards heaven and softly say these words 'Praise God from Whom all blessings flow, praise Him all creatures here below' and I am reminded once again that:
All Things Bright & Beautiful
All Creatures Great & Small
ALL THINGS BRITTANY
The Lord God, Loves Them All 

1 comment:

  1. Ann, so beautifully written. I could feel the deep emotion in those precious moments!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!