ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ann's Blog at Bangor Daily News

MAINE HUNTING & SPORTING DOG OWNERS UPDATE:

Well I thought it might be time to put a deliberate plug in for the blog that I write at Bangor Daily News. Awhile back it was deactivated as some changes take place at the newspaper itself.  I was very disappointed to discover the blog had come down and quickly contacted the person who oversees the blog.  I had often relied on sharing information from other sources and authors always including some of their text and a link back to the original source. That in itself wasn't a bad thing really. With the high volume of email I receive daily it made sense to share pertinent information to the viewers. But one of the articles cross posted over to the Facebook page without proper attribution. Ironically it was an article in which I had shared something Maine Animal Welfare Director Liam Hughes had spoken about in another newspaper. Being on the Maine Animal Welfare Advisory Council (somewhat),  representing municipal kennel owners I obviously have a desire to communicate to others on the various issues coming from the department itself. Anyway, to make a long story short I actually am enjoying the opportunity to rethink the purpose of 'my' BDN blog.  I intend to make a change to the title and if all works out it will become "All Things: Sporting & Hunting Dogs."  Not sure how catchy the acronym for that might be but I think the change will help increase page views. At least that's the intention. I will still focus on the very passionate issues of canine legislation and how it pertains to responsible dog owners and breeders.  However, I hope to branch out and include more diverse articles all relative to the love of the sporting and hunting dogs in some way, and especially to hunting families.  Maybe a softer approach, written in the same 'voice' as this ATB blog is written. I'm really appreciative of the way that I have been able to use the BDN blog as a platform on several levels and look forward to continuing to do so.  In the meantime, I'd like to invite you to check the blog out as it currently is - I have just posted several new articles there this week.  Here is the link under it's current banner and name. I hope you'll be a frequent viewer!
MAINE HUNTING & SPORTING DOG OWNERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!