ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ATB: INTERVIEW WITH THE DOG

While our visits with new puppy families are well underway I am reminded that sometimes those who are new to the ATB family have mentioned after the fact they really felt as if they were being interviewed by John and I.  The owners and lovers of Nash and Star in particular told me years later that they were actually nervous as they realized they were being interviewed for a dog!!!  We are very good friends now but it still gives us something to think about.  This post is going around on Facebook and I thought it might be nice to share it here. I hope you'll take this seriously, we do. This is an awesome interview and I am thankful for the dog who broke the 'shroud of secrecy'.  I am NOT the author and I have tried to give the correct attribution as noted at the bottom. 



INTERVIEW WITH THE DOG*
The silence is broken

We asked a dog to pull aside the shroud of secrecy and be interviewed. He asked that his name not be used, but for the good of all dogs he agreed to share these 10 insights with humans.

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me some time to understand what you want from me.

3. Place your trust in me. It's crucial to my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't isolate me up as punishment. You have your work, entertainment and your friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not be able to forget it.

7. Remember before you hit me that I have powerful teeth, but I choose not to use them.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting older and weaker.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You'll be old one day.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say : "I can't watch , it's too painful." Everything is easier when you are with me.

And through it all :
Remember that I love you.

* from aplacetolovedogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!