ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ATB: Interim Reflections

INTERIM DEFINED: In the meantime, meanwhile, respite.  
An interval of time between one event, process, or period and another,   A usually short interval of rest or relief. A pause.

Each morning brings with it the promise of a new day in which to live each moment to the fullest. Some days the mind is so full of plans, hopes, and ideas that even the most sluggish person is motivated to roll out of bed with great anticipation for what lies ahead. One foot in front of the other, making a path first to the bathroom and then turning towards the kitchen to make that all important cup of morning coffee! Surely many songs have been written about this. For some strange reason the first two that come to mine are  Eleanor Rigby and then Mrs. Robinson.  Hmmm.... But I am sure when McCartney/Lennon or Simon/Garfunkel penned such lyrics it was without the benefit of a lively canine crew of fun loving Brittany dogs insisting the morning belonged to them.  And thus the day truly begins.

RE:  FAITH I would love to say I am so very disciplined that faithfully and religiously I reach for my beloved Bible early each morning and take the time to pray.  But I'm not. Prayer is communion with God and I am so thankful that His ability to communicate with me is not dependent upon my scattered times of devotion.  I am thankful for the many times over many years 'we' have spent together.  Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ has profoundly and powerfully made an everlasting effect upon my life, spirit, heart, mind, soul, and physical being.  I love and know Him well in Whom I believe, and He loves and knows me even more. I have learned to be content in my most simple belief of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit which has resulted in a powerful, deep and abiding faith. 

RE:  TKR Lately, it seems to me I'm actually a bit of a space case.  The recovery from total knee replacement (TKR) surgery is partly to blame or so I've been told.  It's a very difficult and challenging process to understand effecting most every aspect of my life. I'm making progress, don't get me wrong but there is still a very long way to go.  I am concerned my flexion (degree of bend to my knee) and extension (degree of straightness to the entire leg) is not better.  A new knee has meant learning to walk all over again, to regain balance and strength.  A new knee has meant hoping and praying my body would accept the prosthetic device which is intended to help me regain the joy of being an active participant in my own life. 

RE:  SEASONS I've always put a lot of emphasis on knowing which season of life a person finds them in. Years ago I was quite active in women's ministries at my church as well as with an international group.  One of the things which I tried to convey to those very special ladies who God brought into my life was to recognize where she might be in a particular season.  Perhaps she was in the springtime of her marriage. She could possibly be in the summer of her career.  Maybe fall was approaching as children grew up and moved away from home.  Or a season of winter where she was called to take a step back from all that was familiar to await a new spring.  There are many, many seasons to a woman's life and it is not easy to perceive where one begins and another ends for the seasons of the spirit are not as predictable as the seasons of nature. 

So, despite the fact that it's in the high 80's this late August morning I sense for me this has been a winter season, an interim and a pause with spring right around the corner.  Just like crocus' burst forth through the winter snow and robins return so do I see signs of renewal in my own life which are full of hope and promise.  There have been more good days lately for me, more days of increased activity and ability to do things that I have struggled with.

RE: CHANGE  I'm looking around me and see a lot of changes taking place .  Some changes are welcome others not so much. Changes sometimes mean a need to accept things that may be difficult. Otherwise you stay bogged down with things you can do nothing about.  On the other hand,  it's better to focus on those things that are positive and I see a lot of positive things which make my heart happy and put a smile on my face.

RE:  FACEBOOK I don't have a particular reason for writing all of this other than I simply FELT like it.  That's saying a lot.   I'm very tired of the little sound bytes that compose the Facebook 'live feed'.   I appreciate that the majority of those on my 'friends' list are people who I actually do know personally outside of social media.  It never ceases to amaze me how easily people become self appointed experts when given a platform to do so.  If they are convincing enough it's not too long before many minions begin to feed the machine.  Then there are those who feel justified in being outwardly critical or offering unsolicited opinions. In many ways Facebook reminds me of the cliques of Junior High days. There are loyalties and alliances formed in social media similar to when a group of snotty students snickered when someone not up to their standards or who ignored 'their' rules of acceptance walked by in the hall.

RE:  J&A's BRITTANYS   Here is where things look especially bright to me.  We have achieved more than I ever thought possible as breeders resulting in an amazing line of close working gundogs.  We've been true to our purpose driven program. Our goals were based on what we believe to be true. And our life is rich with love and friendship, with those who support and encourage us.  We are without much hype other than sharing what has been proven to be true. Quick to thank God for His amazing and mysterious ways especially how He brings people together. And for those times when doubt assails me the genuine friends help me cast them away. We recognize a need to frequently evaluate what our future goals should be, can we meet them, and if so how?  This is a lot of work.  But I am thankful for what I see in regards to what is yet to come.  We understand that faith is the evidence of things not yet seen, of all things hoped. We have lived the reality to only believe all things are possible.  We await the desires of the heart.  And of course the dogs!!!  Love them, each one of them in their wonderful, quirky, funny, intelligent, playful, charming, sometimes annoying but always marvelous ways because after all, this place called ATB is "all for the love of the dogs, both given and received."

Courage, dear heart... C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!