ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

ATB Hall of Fame: June 2015

Catching Up:  Today is the last day of June 2015.  And today I began the first day of the rest of MY life as I returned to the field to handle on my own two of my most beloved Brittany dogs, Pippin and Treasure. With 2014 - 2015 being a year of transition on many levels I have had to identify where I am in this season of my life. It's been pretty blurry and challenging the past two years and the limitations great.  I am regaining my vision and starting to really refocus. Only God knows the plans and purpose for the rest of my life but I anticipate with great joy this journey that is leading me back to "me" physically, emotionally, and spiritually all for the love of the dog both given and received. By the Grace of God, my new knee is functioning well as if recover from recent kidney surgery. Onward and upward!

No Puppies This Year.   With our "Hearts Desire" litter born to Pippin in October under an emergency c-section and then almost losing Miss Thistle about the same time we have taken a deep breath and a serious overview of where we are.
We have truly accomplished so much in a very short time with our breeding program but we also realize that what seems like a very short time has actually taken since 1986 to achieve.  We are not getting any younger and neither are our senior dogs. I am happy and content to walk through what is left of 2015 with loosely woven plans. With 4 generations of close working gundogs on the ground with impressive accomplishments we could move in any number of directions. We've improved upon our own breeding program and along the way have enjoyed the genuine friendship of those who support us and indeed compose the extended ATB family which includes Canada and now extends to Iowa. We've entered into very positive co-ownership and co-breeding relationships with those closest to us. There are several youngsters out there that we are watching closely. Our foundation girls are all spayed and we are happy about that.  Daily we enjoy each and every Brittany we share our life with. And at a somewhat relaxed pace. We do have plans for two very nice litters in 2016 and we have a lot of people interested in those plans. But no puppies this year. 

Generation to Generation. A very close friend of mine said she missed my blog. I said I missed writing it but I had lost my muse. She suggested some things I could blog about.  One of which does resonate with me.  I am not saying my muse has returned completely but it must have somewhat for I just finished writing two articles about the recent dog shows.  Whenever feeling a true passion to write I recognize the source and realize I will briefly share with readers about my relationship with the Lord.  I recognize His hand upon my life from generation to generation.  Not only through faith, but through family, and ironically - through the dogs which we know and love.  He has blended them all together. How can I explain this? Maybe I can't but I can try.  We now have four generations of our beautiful close working gun dogs recognized for a variety of accomplishments. There are a lot of Brittanys out there which we have bred or that are sired by our boys that are deeply loved and valued by the families they live with. Speaking of families, I'm so happy that two of them are loved and owned by our daughter and her family.  She put an AKC Junior Hunting title on her oldest pup at 6 months and has also showed him a few times as has our granddaughter who is doing very well in Junior Showmanship.  They soon will be showing their second puppy and testing her as well.  Speaking of the faithfulness of God from generation to generation, our son and wife now pastor their own church reaching out to those in their community who need to know how much God loves and cares about them.  Two of their daughters are on the worship team playing keyboard, doing vocals, and learning to play the guitar. My mom played the piano and sang as I did and still do sometimes. I have served as a worship leader, vocalist or musician on a worship team. And my parents were also dog breeders. This may sound like a mish mash of life's coincidences but I don't think that is the case!

My ATB JUNE HALL OF FAME At a dog show there are always various conversations and comments overheard ringside.  It's good to recognize what dogs are in the ring and who is handling them while paying attention to things like their movement, expression, temperament and so much more. I will confess over the course of 4 days there were a few of those Brittanys and handlers which stood out to me and understandably so as we are their proud breeders.  Those Brittanys receive the ATB Hall of Fame award! 
AMERICAN BRITTANY CLUB SUMMER SPECIALTY SHOW.  3 litter mates from Bullet & Thistles litter shown together.  Our granddaughter Alana & Zuko (placed in Junior Showmanship),
ATB family Roger & Ammo  (brought home several blues for first place wins), Proud co-breeder and co-owner Julie & Quincy (5 point Best of Winners Major).
My champion"Hemi" with pro-handler JM Coccia. Although he never made the cut I remained proud for him to be seen at this national level event and glad he was there.
(Chevy & Pippins son)
Owner/handler/trainer Kira with "Wilson" showing in the Hunting Dog Class. This amazing well proven and titled hunting dog is a champion and received a Judges Award of Merit. Way to show! (He is Bullet & Treasure's son)

 
And at 15 months Quincy wins his first points by going Best of Winners for a 5 point major!! Following in the footsteps of his mother Thistle, father Bullet, and grandmother Pippin!
WE ARE FAMILY! (John, Judge Ms.Betsy Humer, Julie, Me, Donna Howe NNEBC Pres.)

Indeed the best is yet to come. Looking forward to the summertime show debut of the new bird dog in town "TOPH". Expect to see more from the three brothers of the ONLY BELIEVE litter. Announcements of 2016 breeding program later this year.

As always, thanks for your interest! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.  Take care and God bless - John, Ann, and All Things Brittany.

Dear Muse: Please come back.  I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!