ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

She is a Treasure...

J & A's Dreams Come True of Acton "Treasure"
Sire: Pride & Joy's White Smoke / Dam: Birch Springs Wish Upon A Star

DAY 8:  Wherever I am with Treasure at the end of the lead the compliments fly and I proudly say 'thank you' to each and every one.  She is playful, fun, intelligent, observant, birdy of course, and very very loveable. All of her profile/bio information can be found on the Maine Brittany Website on Treasure's page. I don't mean to be redundant or repetitive but some things bear repeating and sharing about this sweet girl is one of them!  So this will be just a short post but I did want to share the picture above and the story behind it. Treasure is getting a very nice winter coat which I am simply going to let grow out.  Although she is in excellent shape for showing right now I would never take the chance of showing a girl who is most likely pregnant anymore than I would bring a young puppy to a dog show that was not of age.  It's just too risky what with the unreported cases of Parvo flying around.  But that is just me and other people have their own ideas of how to do things I guess. 

While I'd love to say this picture was of Treasure on point while out bird hunting that is not the case. What it is though is an awesome shot of my girl standing at the end of the walkway in front of our house sight pointing one of our homing pigeons from across the front yard.  I could see her from where I was sitting and went out to speak to her but she didn't budge an inch.  Her eyes moved ever so slowly to acknowledge she saw me. It's like she wanted to remind me she absolutely did NOT need a reminder to whoa and to keep my mouth shut.  So I did. I quietly walked away to find my camera and then returned several moments later. I thought it was a good chance she'd have broken that pose by then but I so wanted to capture the moment of beauty.  I bet 7 minutes passed and she still had not moved. No creeping nor tail flagging.  Just this absolutely breath takingly beautiful liver and white Brittany standing there quivering, nostrils flaring, and solid as a rock. Look closely at her eyes, they are amazing. I am sure if I went over to her she would have felt like a statue.  But that's how she is about everything.  Well I knew to her it was very serious and she was waiting for me to give her a command.  I probably should have said leave it and worked through as if it were a training situation, collaring her and walking her away. But I couldn't do that, couldn't rob her of that thrill of the moment so I walked away from her towards the pigeon while she kept her position.  Knowing full well my movement would flush that homer at the exact moment I released Treasure I kicked at the grass in front of me,  the pigeon took flight, and I signaled to her and off she went!  I didn't have a blank gun to fire but it was all still such poetry in motion. And I was still in my pajamas.  Take care and God Bless, John, Ann and All Things Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture, and well narrated. I love to see a dog doing the job it was meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "JP"! To her it was the real deal so it was important to share all the reality of the drama.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!