ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Pippin & Chevy Pups: 4 weeks old already!

Click to see full size picture!

Well, in anticipation of several pups from this litter potentially bound for the show ring as well as the field I have started to work with posing them.  What I have discovered is that very little effort is required to have them stand square in most instances. If by the way they stand they let me know it's too early to expect them to stand still for more than a few seconds that is just fine with me and they can sit or move or whatever.  I have also observed them running around the puppy pen and I'm so surprised to see the coordination they demonstrate at such an early age.  These babies are simply loves and I am enjoying seeing so many 'new' things in them.  I have pulled out pictures of Pippin at this age and the one thing I remember was how I could not get over how perfectly square she was, she was shaped like a little box! I am seeing this in her puppies here with Chevy too. 

I do not think I'm going to be able to stay on top of my frequent updates here though. I shall try but if I can't write at least I'll keep the photos and videos coming! Take care and God bless, and as always thank you so much for your ongoing interest and support of ATB!!! We do appreciate it!  John, Ann and our canine crew

1 comment:

  1. Look at Cherry's sweet face! Half orange and half white - how cute.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!