ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

ATB VIDEO: Birdy little puppy !

 


J & A's Jack Be Nimble "JACK"
Sire: CH J & A's High Caliber Harris Special JH
Dam: J & A's Dreams Come True of Acton
Birth date: April 11, 2012 (The Triple J Litter)
Breeders/Handlers: John &  Ann Short
Owners:  Dan & Joann W. 
 
"Okay little guy, you'll be going back home soon. And I have to say to you (as speaking to Marlin, which was your litter nickname) it's just been so great to be reunited with you again. I remember the day you were not only born but when plans were made FOR you to be born.  Your human 'poppa John' and I saw every reason to bring your sire Bullet and dam Treasure together.  There are certain attributes which are strong, not only in each of them, but in their parents and grandparents. And now, we know those same attributes are not only present in 'you' but also present in your 10 litter mates.  While it's true we give preference to bird hunting families, families that have had Brittany dogs before are also given preference. Consequently, you're all exactly where you need to be.  I remember you and Henry (who kept his name). You both looked so much alike I always had such a difficult time identifying you not only in photographs, but even when you were right there in front of me in the puppy pen.  But as alike as you were in appearance, you were both very different in personalities.  I knew that you needed to be with an experienced Brittany owner who hunted. And I knew that Henry needed to be with a family with children.  Guess what?  It all worked out perfectly. Just the same way it worked out for each and every one of your litter mates.  I know what the plans are that your owners have for you, and they really are made with a smart, fun-loving Brittany in mind who is destined to be an awesome bird hunting machine.  And I am very very thankful that their plans include having you spend time with us to help you develop into such a animal!  You are a puppy that has been sent back to their breeder for all the right reasons - and very soon, you will be happily back in the loving arms of Dan and Joann who love you and care so well for you. That's easy to see just based by what you came here knowing. Marlin puppy, little Jack - tonight I was blessed in such a tremendous way.  You know that I haven't been down to the fields for a couple of weeks because I was waiting for my knee injection to kick in.  Now that it has, I'm able to move really well without much pain - for awhile anyway.  So tonight when poppa John loaded up the trailer I quickly jumped in the truck and rode shotgun with him. I'm so glad I did.  I'd heard how well you were doing.  But never in my wildest dreams could I have believed just how well. You are not only coming to recall with the whistle, but you begin to work the scent cone very early on and point your birds quite a ways off from where it actually is. You relocate at John's command. And then.. and then!!!!! You remain steady to flush and to shot!!  And you are just a baby puppy dog, a very young Brittany with years ahead of you to hunt side by side with Dan.  What a great foundation to build upon.  And, you also have the cuteness factor."
 
"So when I look at you once again I see the past, the present, and the future. I just took a look back at the photograph I called THE BREEDER , it is of you and your sire Bullet, in the lap of John. I do not play favorites among Brittany litters or litter mates.  But there are things I look for to confirm and to affirm that decisions made were accurate, according to our breeding goals. Watching your brothers Wilson with Kira and Bolt with Julie in the ring a few weeks ago confirms and affirms  a lot.  And watching you and John with Mojo and Dr. Flood in the field also reiterates the accurate decisions made.  As do the glowing reports full of detail and photographs about your very special litter mates!"
 
Time to call it a day, my eyelids are in need of toothpicks to hold them up and I fear my forehead will have indents in it from hitting the keyboard too many times as I fight to keep awake. Thank you again for your interest in ATB and as always take care of yourself and your loved ones, God bless you always - John, Ann, and the entire crew
 


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful video of a wonderful little puppy!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!