ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ATB: Hemi's Show Photo 3 Pt Major

 
J & A's Magnificent Obsession of Acton JH ~  "HEMI"
Sire: GCH CH Tonan-Hopes R U Kiddin Me ~  'CHEVY"
Dam: CH J & A's Heartfelt Legend of Acton  ~ "PIPPIN"
Breeders/Owners/Handlers: John & Ann Short

Isn't Hemi just gorgeous, cute, and beautiful!!! Congratulations little britches, it was a fun ride around the ring with you when you won your 1st major! We're getting there hemikins!!! 

I'm so proud of this puppy for so many reasons. And this was a very special moment in time for me. I have never put a major on any of our dogs before, personally.  Truthfully, I just never thought I could do it myself.  I have limited mobility due to the OA in my left knee, and also due to effects of Lyme Disease which rears their ugly head from time to time. But I keep on trying, I keep on going. I'd like to say this very important win was not all about me.  Yet it was.  It was about pushing through the pain, not giving up, and believing not only in my dog, but believing in my God!

It is awesome to think we now have 3 champions from our line of Brittany bird dogs, finishing within months of each other.  Julie exclusively handled Thistle to her recent championship. I really desire to handle Hemi to his and it is within reach.  We're so glad we  have found a wonderful professional handler in Joyce C. who has done such a nice job of finishing Pippin and Bullet.  While I did put single or double show points in the past on Treasure, True, Pippin, and of course Hemi (all dogs which we personally bred) the majors have always remained elusive to me, until now! (All of Treasure's minor points have been won in Bred By Exhibitor.)
 
 Anyway, I'm kind of rambling but that's okay. I was so excited to get this show photo in the mail today and share it here, there and everywhere! Hemi is so much fun. He always has been cute. Now he's maturing and looking very very good. Hemi is a joy to show. He knows what is expected of him, and he'll do it all because he knows it makes me happy. Plus we have so much fun in the ring together. He has to catch up to his sister Thistle now - who Julie finished just a few weeks ago!

Take care and God bless you as always, John, Ann and All Things Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!