ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Monday, October 28, 2013

ATB: ALL THINGS HOPED FOR

Yes, I know it is absolutely much too early to determine whether Treasure is pregnant or not. And I do not believe in raising hopes that could prove to be false.  But... but... but!!!!  Perhaps I should qualify what I am about to write by saying I understand that the highest highs and the lowest lows often run on a parallel plane in regards to breeding, the expectations, and the waiting. So be it.

I watch you closely Miss Treasure.  We've been through this together a time or two, there should be no surprises. You are always very affectionate and loving.  You ARE a heart dog (ssshhhhh don't tell the rest of our crew I said that because I love each of you with all my heart.) A parent, or a grandparent for that matter, is always careful not to show favoritism or preference of one over the other no matter how confident they happen to me.  Moms and grams love deeply and unconditionally, it is the Agape kind of love that comes from God.  There's a good word to look up for anyone interested by the way 'agape'.

You ARE getting wider through the rib cage. Your nipples ARE beginning to change. And... and... and.... you did throw up yesterday.  I am not really counting that as morning sickness though because shame on me but I did let you finish the rest of my breakfast cereal and there was about an 1/8th of skim milk left in the bottom. You know that I don't intentionally ever feed a dog milk. So you probably threw up your breakfast because of topping it off with the rest of mine.

You ALWAYS want to be close to me, and I think I must be the apple of your eye. Pippin and you share this. I mean I know you love "Poppa John" too of course but it's different with me, isn't it?  Oh the majority of the ATB family are clearly "HIS" dogs... sharing the obligatory interest and glance in my direction from time to time. Let him walk through the house and it's like the Pied Piper with several of the crew hot on his heels. It is even more obvious when you're all out running, training, etc. And why wouldn't it be?  Ever since retiring several years ago he's devoted the majority of his time to All Things Brittany which I think is a lovely thing. Especially since... well especially since some things became harder for me to do all by myself.

So you still want to be close to me, and I love that.  You are so expressive in your vocalizing, we talk to each other and you respond with singing and dancing. I call you "my beauty" because you have always been so absolutely stunning, so absolutely beautiful and elegant in all that you do. But lately Treas' your desire to be near me seems to be even more deliberate and intent.  You press up closer when you lay down next to me.  Your eyes seem to speak as you gently nuzzle with me with your nose and then rest your chin upon me.

I'd never seen you jump up and curl into a ball on the living room chair before.  The couches, and chairs in other rooms, yes.  But not that chair. I watched you because you really couldn't get comfortable. You stretched your neck up over the arm of the chair and looked out the window at the falling leaves. As you tried to get comfortable I thought I must be seeing things... I wondered if perhaps you were bloated after eating your dinner.  Not that you ever are.  But there had to be a reason for the apparent fullness I noticed. 

Oh and how playful you and Hemi are. Now THAT is what is really funny. In thinking back, you've never had the privilege shall we say of living with your boyfriend. Or for those with a more moral outlook even upon the breeding of dogs, of living with your husband.  Seriously, I am on the verge of totally anthropomorphizing this situation.  I don't like to do that but here it is for the world to read.  I can't help it Treas' we are talking about you and Hemi. I have observed the two of you closely today. There is something different going on here.  I think the picture above may highlight a little bit of it.

Okay so now we are entering the 3rd week after being bred to the handsome and cute freckly face we all know as "Hemi".  Not much is happening or is it?  We've been through this before a time or two haven't we sweet girl. And I think it is safe to hopefully say, we are going through it together one more time. John agrees too. And Auntie Julie has finished her first puppy blanket with a second one nearly complete.

Dear Lord, I pray for this beautiful animal which you have blessed my life with.  Her name "Treasure" signifies for me the need to remember daily that the most important thing in my own life is my relationship with you. Please keep her healthy and safe. Confirm soon for us, and let the puppies that will result from breeding her with Hemi be absolutely perfect in every way. I pray too for those very special families which You are working even now to bring into our lives. That each confirmation of a puppy will be met with the same assurance we have become accustomed to. I ask that You will give John and I wisdom and strength, resources and abilities necessary in the days and weeks ahead.  Thank you for all these things and so much more, in Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

And this litter shall be called "ALL THINGS HOPED FOR"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!