ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Friday, August 7, 2015

ATB: Friday Morning Rambling

Website Update About once a year I like to spend some time tweaking our J&A's Brittanys website.  The update started last week and will probably be ongoing for awhile. So far it's coming along nicely but there's still a lot more work to be done on it!

What's Up It's currently a season of conflicts regarding showing and field events!  Our primary interest throughout the summer is keeping the dogs in good shape for the Maine bird hunting season which opens on October 1st. They are
 in the field most every morning June through September.  A few of them are in focused training for various field events but mostly it is about keeping them in condition and as anyone with a Brittany knows they MUST have opportunity to 'work' on a regular basis.  Beginning in August and going through September there are NAVHDA tests, dog shows, AKC hunt tests & field trials and American Field field trials. On August 2nd we entered a very small dog show in Keene, NH just for the fun of it but it was also on the same day as the Northern New England Brittany Club fun day and members field trial.  Talk about being two places at once!  Alana and I brought Zuko and Pippin to the dog show which fortunately had a very early ringtime.  It was a small entry of 4 Brittanys and we had fun but hit the road running just as soon as our ribbons were in hand.  Meanwhile John did great handling Holly to 1st place derby dog and also Hemi won Club Champion Runner Up. 5 month old Miss Toph did very well running in derby along with several of her litter mates.  Her brother Tyson won 4th place derby. The fun day was about an hour away from the show but Alana and I made it to the grounds in time to watch some of the dogs work.

Birthday Girl  I told everyone I wasn't going to celebrate birthdays anymore but then I realized that meant I'd most likely miss out on having our children and their families together in one place. That doesn't happen all that much but I love it when it does! John usually cooks, grills a feast for everyone when they are here.  He doesn't complain but I know it's a lot of work and he doesn't really get a chance to sit and relax like everyone else.  We'd had some real hot weather and the last thing he needed to do was man the grill in the summer heat.  Instead he picked up enough Kentucky Fried Chicken and sides for us all to have dinner. We had cake, ice-cream, and presents!  I especially love the caring touches of the grandchildren. It will be another birthday where the memories are tucked away in my heart and my mind to reflect upon as they bring a smile to my face each time I do.  I am blessed and some might even go so far as to say spoiled. But I thank God for the life we live, for my family and friends. It is simple, unpretentious, and laid back for the most part. We are rich in love and in other things that money cannot buy.  And we are happy because we have pretty much learned to be content in all things.  I hope that our children and their families feel that way too!

21 Day No Junk Food Challenge  There's a "challenge" going around where you eliminate all junk food for three weeks.  A few of our friends are doing this and we are going to give it a try in a couple of days.  Some of the specifics on the list are say no to:  chocolate, ice cream, potato chips, pastries, donuts, soda, biscuits, muffins, etc.  I rarely drink soda but I love baking, ice cream, and chocolate.  This summer though following my kidney surgery I had to make some fairly significant dietary changes so we have been trying to be more aware of what we cook and eat. We have both lost some weight as a result.  I've gone down a size but there is a long way to go.  I know we will both feel better if we can once and for all change our approach to food.

Friday morning, a fresh cup of coffee, low humidity temps in the 70's and all is well on the back porch. The rest of the month looks to be very busy, good thing we are retired!!!

Take care and bless you and yours always - John, Ann, and ATB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!