ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

J&A's Brittanys Moment of Truth Cometh

Holly Beth - is she or isn't she???

As they say, "patience, young grasshopper."  Not that I'm impatient.  There's no irritability involved, no restlessness, no sense of rushing which are all signs of impatience. It is just so hard to think about anything else in this excitement of waiting to confirm first Holly's and then Toph's pregnancy!

When we first bred Holly and then Toph, all the wonderful possible outcomes nearly consumed my thoughts.  This is understandable because it's been 4 years since we've had puppies!  

Holly is just about 4 weeks along.  I can look at her in one moment and say 'yeah, you are definitely going to have puppies' and the next minute I am a doubting Thomas about it!  Friends of ours bred their first litter this past spring and we'd often talk about this unknowing from one day to the next.  Then, on the day of her dog's ultrasound there was a happy, happy, joy, joy phone call from the vets confirming there were puppies and we were so happy for our friends.

Our plans are to have an ultrasound next week. As we get closer to the moment of truth with Holly Beth I'm hopeful the results will be what my heart desires. Although it's my nature to be optimistic and positive it is my Christian faith that sustains that ability.  The only way I can truly distract myself and avoid being anxious is to turn to my Bible for guidance. So that's what I did. In doing so I quickly found 15 verses beginning with  'Do not be anxious ...'  and including an exhortation to trust in the Lord. (Back to basics, Ann. Back to basics.) Time for a little personal declaration:

"I will be anxious for NOTHING! I'm making a decision not to worry.  In every thing that concerns me, through prayers and petitions to the Lord I will make my requests, my desires known to Him.  Because I delight myself in Him, His Word promises to give me the desires of my heart. The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guards my heart and my thoughts in Christ Jesus. I commit my way to the Lord, I also trust in Him..."Paraphrase Philippeans 4:6,7 and Psalm 37:4 

Ann & Billy
By the way, this declaration isn't just about the dogs.  It is about ALL THINGS that matter to me.  And tonight, that includes the concern in my heart for my nephew Billy who is fighting hard against cancer. We'd appreciate your prayers.

Stay tuned. Take care and God bless. John, Ann, Holly Beth and All Things Brittanys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!