ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Don't Ask....

In our household, it can be dangerous to send John out by himself. Afterall, that is exactly how our first Brittany "Cuddly Cricket" happened to join our family the summer of 1986. Some things never change...
Yesterday I enjoyed a long overdue breakfast at a local restaurant with our daughter in law. In the meantime, John took a long drive to New Hampshire to pick up our dog food. I've been battling a bit of a funky fly yuck thing this week and hit the couch when I came back home. John had taken both Treasure and Jack, and as the kennels had been powerwashed earlier, the chores were done. I decided to give in to the CPI Syndrom (couch potato syndrome) and promptly plopped down intending to spend the afternoon in front of the boob tube, a true luxury for me. No sooner had I gotten the tv tray situated, a cup of tea, and the throw all situated (sans fighting for a position on the couch with the bro/sis away)... the motley crew of Brits began to sing and announce Johns return. Treas' and Jack preceeded him into the house of course... but there is my husband with a sheepish grin on his face... I said "WHAT." And he told me he bought a Pointer puppy.......... left the room to go outside and bring 'it' in. My thoughts were not fit to publish here... I was in shock... what in the world was this man thinking??????? Thoughts and emotions ran the full gamut - is he insane, well he must have a good reason, what's wrong with him, we can work it out, maybe he wants to train it and sell it, maybe he found it somewhere, maybe I'll schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist my husband MUST be crazy.... Okay... I braced myself... Heard the door open and his footsteps crossed through the house, I could not bear to turn my head. There he stood. With his new prized possession and a grin on his face that testified he was so proud of himself, and happy he had pulled YET another practical joke on me... while he showed me the plywood cutout of a Pointing Dog - which we will now use to teach the BRITTANYS how to honor each others' point!!!! After 34 years - you'd think I'd get a clue!! It was a wonderful laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!