ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This week or next?


Now I've entered the time of self-doubt, concern, worry. All those things that cause me to second guess breeding dates, ovulation and heat cycles. One day I feel movement, the next day nothing at all. Another day Treasure is full and wide, and the other as lean as ever. I'm ready! But then, it doesn't really matter does it... what matters is Treasure...
She's uncomfortable, a little anxious, and when I pet her gently she reacts in a new way. But she sure does want to be close to me. Her appetite is very good! Even so, these are the days when I wonder if I should have been so blatently positive and hopeful about her pregnancy. In reading the blog archives of the past though, I can see where this is really nothing new. Time alone will tell. And we have at least one more week to wait.
We have been offline again, due to the FairPoint conversion process, a very negative one at that. Since Feb 19th, we have only had internet about 5 days total. Today a new modem arrived in the mail, so far so good.
I created a new video which I'll either upload here or put onto YouTube. I will update Treasure's page next..
This weekend there are dog shows in Fitchburg, MA. Good friends of ours will be there with their Brittanys hoping to do well. Saturday is the Central New England Specialty Show. Pippin missed the deadline, although we did have offers for people to bring her down there on our behalf. She looks so beautiful - she's coming into her own.
I've loved hearing from everyone through the blog and email! Cherie - you wrote something very special from your heart I really needed to hear; what your son Eric said means a lot. Be sure to get in touch with Dawn - two of Dakotas littermates will have their show debuts soon!
Well I'm catching up on 94 emails but felt this was important to touch base with everyone about Treasure. We will continue to watch and keep updates coming!
God Bless you and yours ! Watch for the new video - there are some new 'stars' in it... Stephanie - you'll want to wait for the very end. Love, John and Ann and ATB

2 comments:

  1. How totally wonderful to have the blog up and running again. It's awesome to travel this journey with you, especially with Treasure. She looks wonderful. I love the photo of her standing alone, watching the others. She's so beautiful. Sassy and Bullet send Treasure their love and puppy kisses too.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ATB sends all it's love back to you too!
    Ann and John

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!