ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Good Time Had By All

Oh I have so much to share with you... A good report on Shiloh and Moxie including countdown to their new homes... Highlights of a fabulous weekend of shows with good friends and awesome dogs - especially Brittanys... Reflections of a mulitude of things... Glimpses into the future of ATB... and more to share soon but not tonight... Tonight I am purely exhausted but you know, it's the kind of exhaustion which means a good time was had by all...

August has been and looks to continue to be full each week and weekend - well into... October. But I am going to intentionally make a few changes, let go of a few responsibilities, and be sure that my course is steady and sure.

I can say this... my life is rich because of my family, friends, our dogs, but most important - because of the faithfulness of God whose Hand I can continue to see in each and every detail of all that concerns me. I question why certain things happen, why people behave in particular ways, and why is it so hard to let go of one thing - yet easy to walk away from another. I believe it has a lot to do with building character. And I ultimately believe in God's Providence.

What a hot August night - unbearable in many ways. But the window is open, overhead ceiling fan circulates the slight breeze, crickets chirping and two dogs lay nearby. John just passed through to share a funny email sent to us from Pam in England. (very funny....about showers!!) The pups are settled in. The older dogs are restless and hot. I hate this kind of weather but knew it was inevitible we'd experience it eventually.

It is exactly the middle of August, in a few weeks Labor Day weekend, and then we are into Fall. We have a few cords of wood stacked nearby. Fall... A season I love to live for... Soon to be here. I have picked up several orange and red colored leaves which have fallen from the trees already. As some people reflect on the first snowfall of the year- so do I reflect on these leaves.

Change is in the air... one season soon to end, another about to begin. And I intend to be ready, well prepared. God knows the plans and purposes for our lives, and for the lives of our family and those who are closest to us.

I will catch up on particulars tomorrow or Tuesday in most instances. For the rest... we will be waiting and seeing, anticipating and hoping. Something good. Something that will once again remind me that All Things Bright and Beautiful, All Things Great and Small, All Things BRITTANY - the Lord God loves them all. I am looking forward to moving from August, into September, and into October and beyond. I am looking forward to becoming 'unencumbered' from several responsibilities. I am looking forward ... oh yes, indeed I am!

In love and friendship with hopes of God's blessing upon your life - John, Ann and ALL THINGS BRITTANY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!