ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Monday, May 3, 2010

All Things Brittany Spring Road Trip: PART ONE


So a picture is worth a thousand words they say!  Despite the fact that some I love and who are near and dear to my heart don't believe me - here is the proof that I did ride a horse in New York.  If I had known it was going to be so enjoyable I would have rode all three braces at the field trail for our Brittanys that were futurity nominated.  But I did get on in time to ride the course the entire way to observe Pippin being expertly handled by Dawn Hill.   It was an amazing experience.   I have so much to write about but am not quite ready to put it all together.  Suffice to say that the Brittanymobile arrived in New York on Wednesday night after driving from Maine for 12 hours.  Julie was my co-pilot and Sassy, Bullet, and Pippin were good as gold for the entire trip. We ran into some severe crosswinds going through the Berkshires but the motor home held it's course.  Thursday the show went off so well, Nancy and Tony Morabito as well as Darlene Dow and Ed Kostka really put on a wonderful event.  I was so happy to meet for the first time people I'd only corresponded with over the years.  Never have I seen so many beautiful Brittanys gathered together in one place, it was such an honor to know that 3 of our "babies" were there to participate not only in the show but in the field trial.  I met all of my personal goals for the trip and then some.  Julie and I had so much fun together with our dogs.  I missed John terribly though and next time he's going to join me!   The highlight of the event truly was the field trial.  I'd only seen trials like this in the magazines before.  At the breakaway Bullet was superb!  He cast off from Julie with such boldness and purpose I was so proud.  And Pippin handled so well for Dawn.  I was able to view her the entire time from horseback and boy , is she something nice to watch in the field.  She loves Dawn who also handled her in the Specialty for me.  The highlight of the whole Futurity for me personally was when Bailey was announced Fourth Place in the Gun Dog Stakes out of 17 starters!  An Easter Futurity Placement in the Field!!! WOO HOO!  I was so happy to see how many Brittanys looked so beautiful in the ring one day and then turned to strut their stuff in the field the next.  That is what it is all about.  It meant a lot to me to have my picture taken with Paul and Bailey together, along with her ribbon and award. Thanks Dawn!  The next two days were spent in Massachusetts at Sassy's flyball tournament.  Sassy loves this sport is so good at it. I have pictures and a video to post eventually. It was so hot it was nearly unbearable and I was glad to have the Brittanymobile with the A/C on.  We arrived back home in Maine about 7:30 Sunday night.   There are so many details about this trip that I intend to share including a shout out or two for certain individuals and their dogs.  Speaking of which, I also came home with definite future plans for who Pippin will be bred to next year.  Stay tuned!
In the meantime I've got to stop and spend more time with John but will catch up again soon.  OH! Almost forgot to mention that I also spent some wonderful moments with Helen and 3 month old Tenzing, who is well on his way to being trained for his Agility career!  TAke care and God Bless, John, Ann and All Things Brittany - (I missed our entire Brittany crew so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!