ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

God Speed to My Son

All things Brittany - is all about life as I recently shared a few weeks ago regarding the defriend/befriend incident. So here we are, in the midst of an extremely active 'dog event' period consisting of field trials, shows and you name it - and LIFE happens.   LIFE of the most wonderful kind. And if I'm not careful, if I don't slow down just enough in these next few days - I will miss the significance of it.

Okay, so I don't always wear my faith on my sleeve.  And I don't always walk the walk or talk the talk.  But deep deep within me - is my unwavering belief in Jesus - the son of the living God.  Not a god you talk about or have karma about or look to as a higher being.  Nope.  I'm talking personal relationship.  And that's enough about that on this blog at the moment.

Over the years God has brought me through some stuff.  He continues to do so.  He's answered prayers that could only be counted as miracles.   Know me - know in Whom I believe.  One prayer that was always on my heart was that my children would one day life their lives for the Lord, love Him with all their heart, know His goodness, mercy, grace and forgiveness. They believe, they grew up believing, and their faith is strong.  We all demonstrate it in different ways and that's the way it should be.

I saw my daughter in law leave to go on a missions trip to India this spring - that was hard for me!  And now my son is going on his own trip in just a few more days.  I am supercharged with emotion, proud as proud can be. Sometimes our mission field is the world.  Other times it is our own backyard, our own field and sphere of immediate influence.

I just want to ask for those of you who follow ATB here that, if you believe in prayer - and in the God who answers prayer - remember John Jr.  While I'm at dog shows and field trials he's going to be doing God's work in a foreign country.  You see he prayed a few years ago "Here am I - Send Me."  And so, he is called.

Years ago when John was in elementary school he drew a crayon figure, a stick figure of two kids on a playground.  One of the kids was him - the other was his best buddy.  John was handing his friend a square box with a cross on it... he was giving him a Bible.  I have that coloring page somewhere tucked away and thought of it again yesterday.  Talk about prophecy.  Another photograph that I have is of John sitting on a huge rock at "Camp Harbinger" and the rock has the Scripture on it "He alone is my rock".   Many years ago, it was just a cute picture. Today - it is yet another prophetic step, a photograph of evidence of God's hand on his life all these years.

I'm a momma who had calloused knees when my children were teenagers. They have always been wonderful children but we had some bumpy roads along the way and I don't mean maybe.  One of the greatest successes in my life is knowing - together that John Sr. and I have raised two fine young adults who are now in turn raising our grandchildren.  We're blessed.  Really really blessed.  To those who have teens or younger kids and you wonder if you'll make it through - let me tell you yes you will but you can't do it alone.  If you are older and you wonder if you'll make it through -yes you will but you need Someone to lean on.  If you are  younger and you just wonder - if you'll make it to the next day - the answer? Yes. IF you believe... Well I'm not going to preach... but I do have a feeling sometime I'm going to step behind a pulpit again and weave a truthful tale of how God is working in this season of our lives... yet for tonight...

I pray for my son from the heart of a mother who loves him deeply, cares for him more than he could possibly know.  As the Holy Spirit had led you my son to this place of calling, of a deep walk with the Father - know that my prayers go before and behind and with you.   I love you with the deepest love a mother could possibly have for a child, I respect the man you have become, the wonderful father you are, and the evangelist who God is calling into the field... which in your case - is not so close to home this time.

I look forward to your return when you will share with joy and excitement all that God has done!  In the meantime, I'll keep walking forward with "All things Brittany", with the fullness of life, love, friendships and of course our family.  As you leave - always remember how proud I am of you - always have been and always will be for all the right reasons.

Thank  you to everyone for following this far... it's personal I know... but it's also a very big part of who we are here.   There will be canine updates and pictures again soon... very exciting things going on in that realm of our life lately.  But for this moment in time... my absolute priority is praying for my son while he travels abroad... praying for his protection, safety, well being - and that he will indeed, fulfill the commission of Jesus Himself which is to preach the Gospel in all the world. You don't have to even be a Christian to believe that this old world as we know it - is upside down and in turmoil.  And its hard to believe that in this day and age there are still people who have never heard the Gospel, therefor never had the opportunity to even MAKE the choice to believe or not... Love and God bless you and yours always... a very serious - All Things Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!