ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Monday, May 23, 2011

NEW VIDEO: Chevy & Pippin's 2 Week Old Pups / Life is Good - hectic, but good!

(Pause PlayList to the Right before viewing!)

Chevy & Pippin's Brittany Pups Turn 2 weeks old

Right now timely, consistent and frequent posts has become a huge challenge to me.  Even so, I am always thinking about what I would like to share when I finally have a chance to sit down and blog about All Things Brittany. It's no exception tonight but I find myself torn; what do I write about when so many things are going on at once?  I just want you to know the effort is no less important for me to share about one Brittany over another but of course our priority above all else in regards to ATB is our two beautiful litters of pups!

Visits begin tomorrow and I'd love to get my physical house in order but right now that's not possible. John is getting ready for the Brittany club field trial this weekend and I am trying to catch up from a brief absence this past weekend for a local show.  John took Bullet to Connecticutt on Saturday and he is now finished as an AKC Junior Hunter! WOO HOO!  (Our 5th Brittany from our program to finish!) And True won his first 4 AKC championship points towards his conformation title - including significant placements.  Bullet was not only in the field, but he was in the ring 3 days too - let's talk about dual dogs!  He was in the show for 2 days, then went to finish his JH title, and returned to the ring again. Bullet was Reserve to his cousin True at the show and I was so proud of both of them! And no less signficant is the news that Jersie (Jack/Molly puppy) participated in the NAVHDA Natural Ability Test this weekend also in Connecticut and won a Prize III  - congralations to the Turner family and thank you.   Back at the show, Paris earned another point towards her AKC Grandchampionship title and Pam's mom was there to see too... this was a very special placement as "Select Bitch".  It was good to be able to get away to spend time with them and especially to be with Julie on her birthday. I also enjoyed visiting briefly with the other Brittany exhibitors, catching up with so many of my friends from other dog clubs, classes, the Federation, AWAC, etc. etc. 

Pippin and Chevy's pups are so beautiful (just like Scooby and Molly's pups!).  Eyes are opening, they are walking wobbly drunken sailor steps and becoming aware of life around them.  Molly and Scoob's pups are VERY much aware of life around them and in fact, are making sure they are a lively part of it!  Such a contrast between the quietness of Pips pups - and the exuberance of the older babes.  Yes, John and I are both exhausted but as one of our vets said - we brought it on ourselves and you know what? He was right!

I am uploading a wonderful video of Pippin and Chevy's pups in recognition of their 2nd week of life.  I also hope you enjoy the second very brief glimpse into Moll and Scoob's pups clicker training.  Three days into it, and several of the pups are already sitting when I begin their short session.  I still will provide some specifics for those of you who have asked how to clicker train a litter - when I find time. I would like to have time to call someone who is on my heart, someone who I know is feeling sad about her aging 16 year old Brittany... my heart goes out to you Monica... I sense what's going on and I care very much.  I have another friend who learned that her dad had a stroke today, would you lift her up in prayer too?  There are always needs in people's life aren't there.  Maybe we can't always really be right there but we can let each other know we care, and ask others to pray too. 

Switching gears a little bit I'm very proud to say that I showed Treasure on Friday myself, in the Bred By Exhibitor class.  Only the breeders of the dog can handle in this special class.  It's the class Treasure has all of her points in. I like this class - because for me it's not even about competing.  It's for the joy of taking my beautiful Treasure into the ring, something she enjoys more as time goes on.  I love to have her on the other end of the lead, she shows herself and commands a presence. Imagine my joy - when Treasure not only won Best Bred By Exhibitor in Breed, and also won Winners Bitch (for the points) - then, her son True, won Winners Dog (for the points) and we were in the ring at the same time competing for Best of Winners - which, True won!  I think it is cool to be in the breed ring with well recognized show champions - but on Friday - little could compare to be in the breed ring with mother and son (Treasure and True) both there.  Then on Sunday, the wave of joy hit me again because I was the breeder of the two boys competing for Winners Dog - True and Bullet.  These are very significant moments for me, and I appreciated being able to experience them with some great people and their dogs.  A little added bonus, I enjoyed borrowing 4 month old Moxie puppy, (True's little sister) and visiting with her. She is developing beautifully. I reminded her owners that Moxie's mother (Treasure) won Best in Sweepstakes the very first time I showed her and the next day she won Best Opposite Sex in Sweepstakes.  NOTE: Please forgive me - I forget that this show lingo is a strange language.  Feel free to ask away if there are terms you don't understand.  I'll confess, it has taken time for the word "bitch" to casually roll off my tounge - I have never become completely comfortable referring to my beautiful Brittany girls as bitches - there is such negativity associated with that word - but there are times they do act like one LOL!  Guess I should suck it up!

All of what we are and all that we do is for all of 'you' who are a part of All things Brittany.  My heart is not a competetive heart but I am proud of our Brittanys and their accomplishments.  I am thankful for friends who encourage me though, and help me understand we are making a difference in places we need to be making one, places which are far removed from the ring or the field but most often - in the places of the heart.  Mine is heavy tonight despite all that is going on, for I know there are people close to me that are hurting.  I know I will find my own solace through the love of God, maybe in the quietness of our beautiful puppy room, sitting on the floor, holding them gently in the cradle of my arm.  But I can't take sadness, concern, and worry from another person's life as much as I'd like to.  Even so, I do know the One who can.  He hears the unspoken prayers that rise from my heart of hearts tonight, and you know what? He hears yours too.

Take care and God bless, John, Ann and All things Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!