ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ATB: All Things Molly


I have just returned from a most wonderful vacation up in Aroostook County with Julie, our very dear friend. No telephone, no computer, no cell phone, no radio, no television added up to the opportunity to simply relax and yes - to simply 'be'.  This vacation actually began with a very nice birthday celebration held at the New Castle Commons in New Hampshire.  John teased me for the week leading up to my birthday because once again, calling me "Rose" from the series Three and a Half Men because I'd pretty much put the party together.  The reason I did this is because I really just wanted to be back in New Castle with all my family, and especially to have a chance to walk on the beach there with my grandchildren, a beach I grew up on.  Julie drove all the way down from mid-coast Maine to join John and I, our children and their families.  She and took a lot of nice pictures of the celebration which included the desired trek across the beach with all 7 grandchildren and our son; I was very happy that the weather held off for the birthday party despite the threatening thunder clouds and occassional sprinkles of rain. 

The next morning John headed out early for the annual Northern New England Brittany Clubs Members Day and Field Trial. Hemi won 1st Place in the Derby and True won the club championship!!!  So proud of our boys especially John. That being Sunday, I was very honored to lead the worship service at our son's church by playing keyboard.  Not only to be filling in for our church worship leader, but to be accompanied by our son and two of my grandaughters as well as other friends during the worship service. The whole service was AWESOME at the Maine Life Gate Christian Church.

Later in the afternoon Julie, Sassy, Bullet, Thistle, Molly and I began our trek to Northern Maine after a very nice visit at our friends Pam and Sam Jackson where we were introduced to their beautiful 4 week old litter of puppies, Duke, King, and Prince.  Sam and Pam had prepared a lovely lunch of appetizers and cold beverages for us to enjoy. And from that point on, it was "All Things Molly" (and friends) for the upcoming week as seen in the video above - hope you enjoy!
Take care and God bless, John, Ann, and All Things Brittany

2 comments:

  1. OK. So THAT made me cry!!!! You do such a beautiful job with these things, and we all had such a wonderful vacation! Bullet, Sassy and Thistle and I loved having you and Molly at camp with us, and hope you will come back again. Love Miss Ramblin' Molly Rose! And loved getting to know her more personally. She's a very special Brittany, just as I always knew about her because I have one of her very special daughters. Love to both of you and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie... sorry to make you cry though, but they are happy tears I hope!!?! Sassy, Bullet, and Thistle seemed to understand how much Molly needed this time away, they were so great and how about that newfound friendship with Thistle and Moll-Moll?! And not to mention the dock diver herself. We all love you too and thank God for the friendship shared.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!