ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Friday, April 27, 2018

J&A's Brittanys - 8 Days A Week

8 Days A Week because I am a huge Beatles fan and I found myself singing to Holly "Love you every day girl, always on my mind.  One thing I can say girl, love you all the time" and so on and so forth.  Yup. I sing to my dogs. Doesn't everyone?

Yesterday we returned Bullet to Julie, Sassy, Thistle, and his son Quincy. His wiggly butt was so very happy to see them because although ours is his second home there is no place like Home.

It will be awhile before we can or cannot confirm Holly Beth's pregnancy but if she is, then we now have one 7 day week behind us.  We (John and I) spoke about keeping this all quiet until we knew for sure, which is very logical. To share openly from my heart again via this blog  is a little scary to be quite honest.  The reality here is that I've had the hope I held in my heart crushed to smithereens. Sadly,  that is a reality all dog breeders face at times for one reason or another. Another sad reality for dog breeders are knowing some folks passionately thrive on gossip, criticism, and create drama concerning other people's business. Fortunately, our ATB family and friends have carried us through the difficult times with their love, prayers, and support. We're cautiously hopeful as we move beyond a season of sadness.

The ending here is unknown yet we obviously long for a happy one. We've always believed in transparency. Writing is something I have always enjoyed doing.  Remember when I use to fall asleep at the keyboard in past years? I want to do that again by sharing the moments of expectations and inspiration as well as those moments of questioning all things. The what ifs, the highs, the lows but above all I desire to share the potential of the joy that lies ahead.

As I write I am always reminded that God is in control of all things.  And that included "All Things Brittany".  He alone is my inspiration, my source of strength and trust. Not only concerning the dogs although He is the one who led us down this path. But in every waking or sleeping moment.  God speaks to us through His written Word, He speaks to us through the Holy Spirit, and He speaks to us through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Savior.  There's a lot more to life than our minds can comprehend and our eyes can see.  I am convinced that the God of all mankind who created the universe and all things can also work through His 'lesser creatures'.  Thankfully so! I've seen it and perhaps you have too.

"Aunt Julie" has already made several puppy blankets God love her. If you're new to ATB for many years she has crocheted a puppy blanket for every Brittany puppy born here. The puppy blankets are kept with pups and mom, they are well loved and when a puppy goes home they bring home the scents they are familiar with.

We'll do an ultrasound at the proper time. I'll remain positive by putting together a playlist of 'whelping room' music. Speaking of which, I've found several wonderful new artists to follow including Danny Wright and Keven Kern.  Their music is similar to Doug Hammer.  I am all about using music, lighting and mood for the benefit of momma to be dog and puppies.

So I'll get on with this day. It started with John running dogs at the training field with some friends and their Setters.  Speaking of which, Charlie did earn his first two qualifying scores towards an AKC Junior Hunter title.   We're so proud of him! Ticks are bad this year. We've been picking them off ourselves and our dogs.

The inquiries continue to be welcomed.  Because of the length of time since our last litter in 2014 we just did not expect anyone would wait that long although a few folks have. That in itself is humbling. I'm screening ruthlessly as I always do. That is not a bad thing but I am actively seeking qualified homes so please visit our website so that we can send you the necessary information. You'll get our puppy reservation policy, a copy of our purchase agreement, and a questionnaire to return if you feel we'd be a good fit for you!

As always thank you for your interest in All Things Brittany and God bless you and yours.  John, Ann & the crew

Check our Facebook page "J&A's Brittanys/All Things Brittany" for public photo albums and take a look at our slideshow galleries on the website too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!