ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Fear Is A Liar

I don't know if showing Revere in June at the CMBC Specialty was more about experiencing personal growth, taking chances, or just the belief that my puppy is a really great dog with awesome potential. Perhaps, it is a combination of both.  I do know one thing for sure though and I don't mind telling you, it DEFINITELY was a matter of faith.

Indeed, walking with the Lord means committing everything you do to Him. I may not be in church every time the doors open but I am 'in Christ' every time I breathe.  God made me who I am, placed particular interests and desires in my heart which makes it easy to simply be me. 

I did happen to be in church the day after though.  I had a conversation with a couple of wonderful ladies about how I sensed God wanted me to somehow begin to weave more of Him into my writing about dogs.  This sense is surfacing right now probably because of Rosie's recent passing. 

It's very easy to overlook little things that seem insignificant during the course of a day.  If it's not huge or if other people don't notice I think we cast them aside. But those little things sometimes end up being the BIG things. If you're paying attention. 

God doesn't always (often?) speak to us loudly. In fact, I have found over the years when I have realized God was trying to get my attention it was indeed most often through little things. 

Did you know fear is a liar?  Have you ever even thought about what fear is?  It's not just being afraid of the scary things you imagine are lurking in the dark shadows of the night. It can be a fear of stepping out and trying something new or even trying again something that you once failed at. Fear tells you that you're not good enough, fear tells you negative things about yourself, and fear tells you why try because you'll never succeed.

Success means different things to different people. And to me this weekend success meant overcoming several fears I have held onto for a couple of years now. I'll be writing more about this after I share an upcoming announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!