ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

J&A's Brittanys: January 2020 Already?

Looks like writer's block hit!  Not that I am a full time writer or anything like that. But I usually enjoy keeping this blog up, something which I obviously have not done now for three months.


It's already the middle of January 2020. Fall came and went along with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. And although a blur at this point, it was all good. 

I love being a great-grandmother.  She is going on 5 months old already and I love every moment I get to spend with her.  Last Sunday at church for instance. 

Our son is lead pastor at Maine Life Gate Church in Limerick, Maine. Two of my granddaughters are on the worship team, a team which rotates from week to week. They are gifted musicians vocally and musically! (I'm on the team too as a vocalist).  Anyway, when John and I arrived at church Sunday I was so happy my grandson in law handed the baby to me.  'Mom' was on the platform.  I asked John if he could bring the rocking chair from the nursery out to me. So there I sat during worship service rocking my great granddaughter - what joy. As her mom was singing and I was rocking the baby during the worship service was perfect.

I've always tried to give each of my children and all of my grandchildren equal time.  Even when it comes to writing about them. But I find I just can't do that because everyone is busy with their own life now, they are older, changing and have a myriad of interests! We have 7 grandchildren, 1 grandson in law, and 1 significant other (boyfriend). Imagine trying to write something special about every one! 


Not to mention, our son and daughter in law as well as our daughter and son in law.  Suffice to say they ALL make our lives full and through the years we have made many happy memories together. Although not physically all a part of my daily life, they are each definitely a daily part of my life through thoughts, prayers, and thanks to technology -  a lot of texts and photos!  The best times are though when we're all gathered together in one place. We are blessed. I'm so proud of the accomplishments of all of our family. Our son and family involved with a church he founded.  Our daughter and family founded a karate school in Eliot by the name of  New Day Karate. They are all doing so well!  Alana (who I usually show dogs with, has been busy and aspires to eventually compete in the Olympics.

One cool thing John just found recently which we have yet to share with the rest of the family.  There was a VCR tape that was recorded in Chibougamou, Canada during the summer of 2000.  The whole family at the time enjoyed a week long vacation at our fishing camp on Lake Chibougamou. (We no longer have the camp but had some great times there.) What a hoot to watch this.  Our daughter, son, daughter in law, and granddaughter had such a memorable and fun time.  Looking forward to a family movie night soon and I'm sure this will bring laughter and tears. But still - 20 years ago?! 

Thanksgiving and Christmas both were very special this year for certain reasons. There were joys, blessings, and sorrows throughout 2019.  We walked through some storms but we also danced in the rain and rejoiced with great happiness.  God is faithful.  No matter what. 
Unless you just stumbled across us by pure accident, you're probably familiar with our breeding program.  You would know all about our frozen semen/surgical insemination breeding (Jack and Holly). You'd know about Ginger and Flint.  You would know about Revere.   In other words, you know about All Things Brittany. We lost our dear Rosie in 2019 at the age of 14.  And the year before we said goodbye to Jack, Molly, and Wish.  I joke about our geriatric ward. But it's true. The majority of our dogs are beloved seniors now. Treasure turns 14 this year.  She has canine cognitive
dysfunction meaning some days are better than others. Love her.
I hope 2020 brings for me a continued healing of my torn hamstring!  At a dog show with Revere in October I injured it severely while in the ring. I had to stay in the hotel for 2 days because I couldn't move. The good thing is though Revere picked up another championship point, won Best of Breed, and a Bred By Exhibitor Group 4.  Even after my injury. I go to physical therapy twice a week.  I want to finish this boy as a champion! We know he's a great bird dog, we have 4 generations of our own breeding behind him that testify of that.  (Nothing I like better than looking at a pedigree and seeing line after line of J&A, especially those with CH in front of it.  Just saying I don't want to ever lose that.)

Speaking of which. Thank you for your ongoing interest in All Things Brittany and for the serious inquiries about future puppies. Stay tuned!

Take care and God bless, 
John, Ann and All Things Brittanys








No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!