ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Treasure Turns 4

Treasure's first moments of life as seen under the infra-red heat lamps. 
J & A's Dreams Come True of Acton
Sire: Pride & Joy's White Smoke / Dam: Birch Spring Wish Upon a Star

June 16, 2010
Happy 4th birthday Miss Treasure!  You arrived here bottoms up, first born out of your litter and delivered (plopped!) right into my waitng hands as one of your paws gently reaching out towards me... how could I resist?  NOT necessarily the best way to select a pup (usually you like to wait until they're older when you have the pick of the litter) but as with most things here at ATB it was definitely a heart issue from the very beginning. I have not regretted you choosing me for one moment.  We have come a long way together, learned very many things and I look forward to the rest of the journey.  You never let me down Treas', and I hope I never let you down either.  In my eyes you absolutely are the most stunning liver and white girl in the whole world, you carry yourself with such grace and beauty no matter what you're doing!  And talk about playful. You have some wierd characteristics like coming up and kicking me in the back of the leg to let me know you either want to play - or you are uncertain what you want!  I love how you dance around for 'daddy' when you know begging is not allowed.  That's not begging is it?!  You twirl around and around in a circle, woo-wooing and working your cute little Brittany butt off.  It usually works too!  It was a joy to see you become a mother this past year, and I learned so much about natural instincts just from watching you and your puppies - even after all this time.  Perhaps the neatest thing of all was the way you took matters into your own hands and introduced them to birds in your own way - and I'm so glad I had a camera on hand to catch the rawness of that moment in time on video.  Sharing my love, attention, and time with All Things Brittany is one of my favorite things to do in life especially when that  means being with you Miss Treasure.  Indeed, it is all about the love of the dog - both given and received. Happy birthday with love to Treasure, Spirit, Acorn, Buddy, Rusty, Champ, and of course to Beanie! As always thank  you for your interest in our canine crew here at ATB - take care and God Bless!

PS No blogging probably for a few days.  Pam and I will soon depart in the Brittanymobile with True and Pippin for a very small show and will hook up with Dawn, Steve & Stephanie there.  This one is just for fun and the experience as entries are pretty low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!