ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

True's Official Show Photo / Alice and Jerry Kind of Friends

J & A's Keeper of the Stars of Acton "TRUE"
Pictured here in his first official show photo taken when he debuted at the Southern Maine Coastal Classic recently.  True won his first two sets of ribbons each day - 1st Place Puppy Dog 6 - 9 months, and Reserve Winners.  His show photo just arrived today and I'm so pleased and proud to share it with the rest of the world.  Those of you who follow ATB happenings will remember his litter nickname was "J.R." and is one of the 11 pups from Treasure and Gibby's litter.  I've spent a few moments in the blog archives here and have enjoyed looking at the photographs of True and his littermates. We'll be showing him selectively,  enough to get him used to the experience of it throughout the summer (selectively as in it costs a lot of money to show two dogs and I want to focus on Pippin!)  Donna Pride said it took her 3 years to decide that showing wasn't for her and I am reminded I'm in that timeframe right now.   I'd probably enjoy it a lot more than I now do if my knee was cooperative as it was 3 years ago when I started.  (I hear you Nancy P. and no I still haven't gone... and thank you so much for the encouraging note you sent, hugs to you!)  In my head I see myself as a graceful competitor, stretching my legs out with each stride, bringing out the best in the dog at the end of the lead.  In reality the picture is anything but that!  I am thankful to friends who stick by or stick up for me, good or bad. Sometimes they even have to hold me up.  Other times they have to hold my dogs.  I've held them up a time or two (especially in matters of prayer).  I've been known to hold their dogs too.  But one thing for sure - we don't hold grudges against each other.

Speaking of holding - I've heard from a dear dear friend from childhood - she's going to be doing a blog soon about remodeling her home and I can't wait.  There's actually 3 of us who have known each other since forever, and recently I shared my joy at hearing from the other friend.  We all grew up in a small hometown where "Hastings Mills and a sweet little place called "Friendly Village" found Alice looking, Jerry seeing, and Jip jumping as we learned to read.  As we think about getting together again  I am reminded of the wonderful song we sang together in our Brownie troop "Make New Friends But Keep the Old, One is Silver and the Other Gold."  I enjoy it when silver meets gold - maybe it's self serving to simply enjoy being in the company of people who are so important to me, who help me be a better person, who love me no matter what. They fall into the category of  "a true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though she knows that you are slightly cracked."  Or in some cases, totally scambled!  Take care and God Bless you and all that concerns you, John, Ann, and our canine crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!