ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Molly / Announcing ATB's Newest AKC Junior Hunter !!


It's all I've talked about all weekend so it probably comes as no surprise but John and I are very proud to announce our newest AKC Junior Hunter!  Yes indeed, True finished up with style at the Central New England Brittany Club with John handling him. And now, finally, it's time for a little playing in the ring again with True who has physically matured into quite a handsome boy.

I'm also so happy, proud, pleased and thrilled all at the same time because today Bullet got what he deserved - his first set of qualifying scores towards his own JH title. Julie was overjoyed at seeing her boy after being away for a week and the feeling was mutual.  I am especially proud of my wonderful husband who has now handled 2 of our Brittanys to finish their AKC JH title. And it looks like he has his sights on a couple of more including Bullet and then on to the Senior Hunter level.  I am also very happy for Sam and Pam because Sam finished pretty Paris today too.  She has titles now in all the right places and I know they have been anxiously waiting for this day!!! 

Note: For more complete information on AKC's Hunting Tests for Pointing Breeds CLICK HERE.

I've been asked for information regarding additional tests coming up in the near future in the New England area and will be putting that information shortly. Another way to find it is by going to the AKC website and doing an EVENT SEARCH and using the drop down menu indicate the type of search. Click on the states you want to search through etc. All the information will be there regarding the club and how to contact them.  Make sure it is a Pointing breed hunt test (Brittanys) and not a test for retrievers or another kind of  hunting dog. 

Good Golly Miss Molly - you are HUGE!
Molly Rose - 12 days to go.  She is huge and uncomfortable but very happy.  This is when I have to really keep an eye on her when she goes outdoors.  Molly likes to find places to 'nest' outdoors and with her being a little on the independent side this could cause problems, especially when she thinks it's fun to get tucked in under the tree branches. Julie presented us with the first crocheted puppy blanket for Molly and Scoobys litter today as well as two gifts for the puppy room.  Love you to pieces Julie, and hope you're feeling much much better. I got to sneak a peak at my Sassy girl today when Bullet was picked up and she had a good flyball weekend.  Molly and Pippin had to stay away from the dogs when they came back from the hunt tests and from flyball; they also could not visit with Julie and her friends.  It's too close to whelping and our 'quarantine' is in effect for the time being.

Enjoyed my phone conversation with Dawn today. She emailed me photos of Morgen to see what I thought.  And after looking at the photos I don't think - I KNOW that Morgen is very very pregnant!  She is due in between Molly and Pippin.  Also very happy for Dawn as she handled Jake (Morgens son) to Winners Dog today for another point towards his championship.  I'm almost as excited about her breeding program as I am about ours! 

Key word tonight: Tired... tired... tired     I am feeling the effects of the extra workload in John's absence that's for sure.  A few years ago I could do it all without issue - that has all changed.   And speaking of tired, the sounds coming from the other room in front of the television indicate I'm not alone in that! I'm supposed to be sending out information about the program for Saturday's Pointing Breed Training Day - well I did get the information sent out to one of the clubs, I think I will have to wait until tomorow to do the rest.

I can never, ever fully express how much it means to me to know so many of you follow this ATB blog on a daily basis.  John and I really appreciate it. I also love seeing the networking that occurs between quite a few of you.  I have the ability to open this up for others to also author blog posts. If it's something you'd like to do, keeping with the overall 'voice' of the blog - just let me know.  Otherwise you are going to have to be stuck with me!  Take care and God Bless you and yours always - John, Ann, and ATB

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!