ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Treasure's Pregnancy: Day 62

We are just now settling down from a very busy yet enjoyable Easter spent with our family.  As Day 63 of Treasure's pregnancy comes to an end her temperature remained steady at 100 however I have yet to take her final evening reading.  Our home was filled to overflowing with our son and our daughter's family for Easter Dinner and our annual egg hunt.  Grampa overdid himself as is usual regarding the meal itself. I love being a grandma and I also am very happy to be an aunt and a great aunt - Bill, Sarah, and Eli, Tracy and Haley came by later in the day. Treasure enjoyed much attention as one can imagine but everyone was very respectful of her.  Treasure took it all in stride and spent much of the time resting.  I think she's got to pop soon.  But as I've shared here before, we arrive at the due date by counting 63 days from an actual tie.  As Treasure and Bullet did have several over the course of one week the fact of the matter is - we could go on for several days and it would be perfectly normal.  I have my calendar marked with a big line that extends from tomorrow (Monday April 9th through Saturday April 15th). Every pregnancy is different, even in the same animal. I'll admit, I was hoping Treasure would have her puppies earlier than her actual (1st) due date - which is tomorrow.  But I'm glad that this year we were able to spend Easter day itself with our family unlike in 2011 when Molly was at the vet.

I'm really tired tonight, ate way too much ham and strawberry shortcake.  I was treated to a beautiful bouquet of yellow daffodils picked by Alana out of 'my' own flower garden from our prior home - I thought that was so sweet.  And then Brook May baked a delicious cake for dessert and Teri brought some candied yams she'd baked. Teri didn't now ahead of time but we did not have any yams/sweet potatoes which is part of our traditional Easter dinner.

I went to church by myself today while John stayed home with Treasure and also finished cooking dinner. There was an excellent turn out.  This Sunday I sat in the front row instead of participating on the worship team. I had missed practice and felt it wouldn't be fair to the others to just show up.  It was enjoyable to be on the other side of things.  The worship service itself was truly glorious and the messages shared very powerful and meaningful. I still have to pinch myself at times to think I'm attending our sons church, that he is the pastor of. The words in one of today's songs said it best "Jesus, if ever I loved you my Jesus is is now."

This night I am tired but it is with good reason.  In a few minutes we'll call it a day. Treasure is ready to do that as well.  She (and I) appreciate all of the love and support being shown.  I don't know what tonight will bring.  Treasure is much more restless than usual at this late hour of the night.  She continues to come over and ask to go out although she's been several times already.  Her wish is my desire.  God bless you and yours...John, Ann, and All Things Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!