ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Monday, January 10, 2011

DAY 62 / ATB RUNS on Dunkins'!

Inside ATB's Puppy Room - Day 62

The past few days we've seen Treasure's temps fluctuate 100.3, to 100.0, up to 100.6, linger at 100.3 for a couple of days and the last few readings we are back at 100.0.   We are well within our timeframe based on the number of breedings over several days with Gibson - beginning 9 weeks ago tomorrow.  I have been saying all along Treasure would wait for our oldest grandaughter's birthday and Nova Marie turns 11 on Wednesday. 

I decided it was time to pull an overnighter last night with Treasure.  I didn't get a lot of sleep though.  She paced practically all night long, walking back and forth from one end to the other and resting wherever she felt she wanted to.  And often that meant on the cot with me.  It was so warm inside all night long, I could not believe how cozy it was.  In fact at one point I opened a window just a crack~!  I think it's warmer out there than it is in our house today.  John says he knows the big dog house is warmer with the pellet stove blazing.  He had company last night, a little red head joined him - Pippin was his backwarmer.  Jack cuddled up with Pippin. 

Since it's so blessed cold out, this will be another day hunkered down in the coziness of where Treasure's pups will soon be born.  John and I are enjoying the satellite t.v. hookup out there and I am well into the 4th book in the Outlander Series (maybe it's the 5th?) - thanks to Julie!  Great winter reading.  John and I have taken turns cooking dinner and it's been kind of fun to surprise each other.  I apologize for the lack of personal emails or Facebook posts the past few days. It's not that it's that busy I don't have the time, it is that I do have the time right now but it is better spent with Treasure and when not with her, with all of ATB. 

Speaking of which, I wish I'd had the camera yesterday to take a picture of John interacting with Rosie.  Believe it or not, when pups are due the others just know and they respond and behave accordingly. In this case, it means they see less of my face and more of Johns. Anyway, he was playing with her, he had her bouncing, darting and running around like a playful pup and finally their play ended with Rosie giving him a big hug and kiss standing as high as she could (she's a tall girl!) to reach him to look at him directly. True, he is always so happy bouncing and running around with his Uncle Scooby - they are best buds.  Wish is a wiggly girl, who spins with delight if you just say her name and then she's off!  Molly Rose - oh what can I say about her - she is always so full of energy and playfulness!  Pippin is getting ready for this weekends shows and I'm glad she has the chance to go with our friends. Jackdog is discovering Pippins more fiesty side as she has insisted he play tug of war with her, she's not afraid to take him on in play  - it's so funny.  I always feel I'm forgetting to mention one or the other ! 

Will probably get another update later today or tonight. In the meantime sure hope you all stay warm in your corner of the world.  As someone recently noted - it's 10 weeks to spring - yee haw!!!  Take care and God Bless as always John, Ann and our entire Brittany family

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Treasure...you look HUGE since the other day and so very uncomfortable. It won't be much longer now. I'm glad you cuddled with your momma on the cot last night. We love you.
    Monica, Kate, and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say...what a lovely welcome sign you have...someone must have excellent taste! Hee hee!
    Guess who!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!