ATB

ATB
Welcome to the ATB blog "J & A's Brittanys" where we love to write about, share stories, post videos and pictures featuring our beautiful, well bred Brittany family bird dogs. With their established and recognized hunting heritage our dogs also measure up to the breed standard regarding health, appearance, movement, and temperament. Enjoy the stories of whelping puppies, tips on field training, bragging rights on accomplishments, sharing joys and sorrow, announcements and as the name implies - ALL THINGS BRITTANY! With a love of God, family, friends, and dog we welcome you.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

SCHOOL DAYS



Treasure and I headed to Eliot this morning to see Alana get on the school bus for the first time, and I cried... She and Callum were very happy to see me, this is his third day of school and his friend was there! WAs happily surprised myself when David and Maryann invited me out to breakfast. Treasure sat in the car with the windows safely down (cool morning anyway), but managed to trip the car alarm! When we came out of the restaurant my daughter said "Mom, is that your car alarm going off?" SURE ENOUGH! Treasure wasn't quite sure what was going on, but she quickly regained her composure and slept all the way home. Alana looked so beautiful in her new outfit, she was just as proud as could be. Callum was even prouder to be the big brother and to introduce me to his new friend who waited for the bus with them. And of course, he looked quite handsome! This morning lots of memories flooded my mind
as I thought of the years of waiting for the bus , the first day of school - same place, same bus stop - with John Jr. and Maryann and the neighborhood children. My mother always made the trip over from New Castle, to arrive in time to take photos of the kids. I have tried to do this too. (Now our son's children are homeschooled and doing very well, so there is no traditional first day of school send off but I had a nice conversation with them all yesterday.) Alana called me just as soon as she got off the bus and told me about the day. I enjoyed the morning spent over breakfast with Maryann and David, and with the baby - I think he liked having his parents all to himself! He has top and bottom teeth, beautiful blue eyes like Grampa, and is growing up so fast.

John's mowing, I'm packing and getting ready for Pippins grooming needs. This upcoming show will probably be the last for awhile, we know we'll get there and are not in a hurry. For now is the time to turn my focus elsewhere, for all the right reasons!

In closing today, I want to mention how much it has meant to me to hear from so many of my Brittany family of friends about the Road Less Traveled post earlier this week. It really made a difference to know so many others understand and offered advice and guidance, encouraging me. I posted a song awhile ago called "The Warrior Is a Child". And that's the truth. I know Who to turn to when feeling defeated emotionally and morally, and when I sense my own failures. And I know too, He works through others and certainly has worked through many of you this week.... Thank you so much! God Bless you and yours always, Ann, John and All Things Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!